Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

a stupid comment from an ignorant D100 user

gewe21

Milwaukee, US
197 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gewe21 Basic Member
Sat 27-Jul-02 03:36 PM

Hellow fellow Nikonians and enthusiast D100 users. I've been lucky enough to own a D100 for almost 1 month now. I am currently a grad student, so that limits my time to have fun with the camera. So instead of really trying, I often look around the web and read people comments/results instead of trying on my own. Also, my only computer is a 3 yrs old notebook, whose LCD backlight is already weak.

I've read lots of good comments and even more bad comments on D100, but I've never tried to verify it on my own. Limited resource + no time. Yesterday, I've come to a point where I felt sorry for having bought the D100. And thinking about switching brands (sorry guys).
But today, this morning, I saw the review about the D100 on www.dpreview.com. The h*ll, those sample pictures (the real pictures) compete nicely with Canon D60. White balance is good. Sharpness is good. I can't see the flaws of the results taken with D100 compared to other cameras, especially D-SLR, in terms of softness and color balance.

Maybe I shouldn't switch brand at all. Maybe I should get at least a decent monitor and the colorvision spider. Maybe I should learn more on digital photo editing. Maybe I should download and try those programs Bibble and Q-Image.
MAYBE all the reviewers who give rants and complaints are all my clones: they don't give this camera a try, they don't try to learn on using it correctly.

And people do get better with more experience. This guy, Phil Askey, takes good pictures with any camera, at least technical wise. He can get quite the most out of D100. And frankly, with the same objects, the D100 compares well with the other D-SLRs.

I think I changed my mind again. Dell's got a good offer on computer. Maybe I'll get a decent, cheapish computer so I can start learning on digital imaging. I believe it's not the camera, it's more the flaw of the user.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker.

George Oei
Madison, WI

P.S. Last night I picked up my F100 again after 3 weeks not touching it, wow... nothing beats the feel of it. Still a fine piece of camera, and so far gives me excellent results. (non-paid ad for Nikon F100)

George Oei
Madison, WI
"Dude, you're getting a Nikkor !!!"

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: a stupid comment from an ignorant D100 user

G