Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Compact Flash Cards and D1X

stevelew47

Edmonds, US
51 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
stevelew47 Basic Member
Thu 25-Jul-02 03:33 AM

According to Nikon, compact flash cards faster than 10X and larger than 160MB are not compatible with D100's or D1X's. IBM microdrives up to 1 GB are fine. I called the Nikon Technicians and they do confirm what the manual says. However, I'm sure most of you are using cards faster than 10X and greater than 160MB.

At the present time, my company is using 14 D1X's in studio situations equipped with Lexar 12X, 16X and 24X cards. All are 192MB. According to Lexar, all cards are compatible with Nikon's and should work. We have had problems with some cameras not reading these cards, not formating properly, or loosing data. We have about 300 of these Lexar cards in use. The majority work fine. Actually one Lexar tech says that their CF cards are incompatible with the D1X and the firmware should be updated. Another tech says that all CF's should work. I don't know who to believe...Nikon or Lexar or nobody!!!

I'm not sure if it's the camera, the firmware, or the card that's causing the problem. Has anybody else had problems with their cards?

G