Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
drjimbob

Bowie, US
15520 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. Charter Member
Mon 22-Jul-02 02:18 AM

Hello -

I'm thinking about the D100 for Christmas (or a little after), but only have a superficial knowledge of digital photography. I have two questions -

1 - I understand that there is a 1.5x effect on the lens focal length. My question out of ignorance is, does this have any impact on the maximum aperature? For example, some teleconverters make the effective aperature 5.6 instead of 2.8. Do we have the same situation with digital.

2 - I need to learn more about digital capabilities and how to achieve some of the results I've seen displayed on Nikonians. Do any of you digital mavens have an introductory book to recommend?

Thanks -

ENJOY THE DAY & CAPTURE THE MOMENT Bob T

A BAD DAY BEHIND A NIKON BEATS A GOOD DAY BEHIND A DESK - Bob Tomerlin
My Nikonians Gallery

G