Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pboehi

Altstaetten, CH
41 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pboehi Registered since 04th Jul 2009
Mon 28-Apr-14 10:46 AM

I have been using a Nikon D3s for years with great success to shoot concerts. I usually shoot at ISO 12'800 and try to get a shutter speed of 1/500 (I use lenses up to 400mm). I briefly had a Nikon D4 but felt that the RAW images had more noise at ISO 12'800 compared to the D3s, so I sold the D4 again and kept on working with the D3s.

The improvement I am waiting for is the ability to shoot at ISO 25'600 with the same image quality the D3s gives me at ISO 12'800, so my question is: Has anybody compared images shot in RAW with the D4s at ISO 25'600 with images shot with the D3s at ISO 12'800?

This would be the "killer argument" for me to get a D4s if the quality was equal or even better at those ISO values. Thanks for any input!

Peter

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pboehi/sets/72157637983797706/

Visit my Flickr gallery.

G