Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3x Continuous Shooting

msohio

Waite Hill, US
499 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
msohio Platinum Member Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his most generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Nikonian since 13th Jun 2013
Sat 19-Apr-14 11:41 PM

I have recently purchased a nearly new, less than 25,000 clicks, D3x. I have in it as my 1st card a SanDisk Extreme Pro 160 MB, UDMA7 32 G card. And I have tried other cards, so I don't think it is a card issue. The second card is set to overflow from the first and I am shooting RAW only.

When I adjust Low Continuous shooting speed between 1 and 3, it responds. Between 3 and 5, no difference. The High Continuous setting never gets it to be different than 3 per second. The Menu changes but the speed in High is never there above 3/sec.

If, however I shoot in JPEG, it fires as I expect at the much faster High setting.

What am I missing or is this a normal consequence of shooting in RAW due to the file size no matter what the card and settings??

I found out when yesterday for the first time when I used High Continuous to capture an owl, and I expected many more shots per second. Really hate to give up RAW to get the faster shots per second.

Because Attitude is Everything
......LiveSTRONG....Mike

Visit: http://msohio.smugmug.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3x Continuous Shooting

G