Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need to change entire group of settings in an instant

ChristianTraina

Oklahoma City, US
226 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ChristianTraina Registered since 13th May 2009
Wed 16-Apr-14 09:48 AM

Hey guys, I'm honestly tired of dealing with this particular situation where I need two completely different settings within moments from each other & not being able to go back & forth.

Tonight we had a runway show that had stage lighting at one end, and strobes at the other. I needed to have one group of settings for shutter/aperture/ISO/WB/ & flash at one end of the stage, and another group of those settings within seconds at the other end of the stage.

My thinking is to have two banks set up, each with the settings I needed, but as far as I can tell on my D3s there is no way I can add those bank settings to be changed on the fly using something like the function button.

It truly needs to be on the fly, like one second I'm shooting in Bank A with 1/400, f2.8, ISO 800, WB incandescent, with no flash. Then I can it the function button & rotate to Bank B with 1/200, f4, ISO 200, WB flash, with strobes on.

This kind of issue is needed all the time at weddings, and I just compromise and do the best with what I know to do. I could seriously use instantaneous switching between an entire group of settings, so I thought I would reach out to you guys to see if someone knows a way to pull this off.

thanks in advance

Christian Traina
http://TrainaPhotography.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need to change entire group of settings in an insta...

G