Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Incompatibility between the D4s and Certain Lexar CF Cards

phoward

Indianapolis, US
181 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
phoward Silver Member Charter Member
Mon 17-Mar-14 12:29 PM

There is an incompatibility (confirmed by Lexar) between certain Lexar 400x and 1000x CF cards and the D4s. I discovered it when I tried to format my four 1000x 16 gb CF cards in my D4s the day I received it from Roberts Camera. The camera would not recognize or format the any of the CF cards. It would format all of my Sony 16 gb cards successfully. However, if I inserted one of my Lexar cards with an XQD card already in place, the camera would not recognize either card.

Two online chats with Lexar (with lots of troubleshooting) didn't help. Finally, last Monday Lexar posted a notice on their support site confirming the problem and identifying the suspect cards by serial number. See http://www.lexar.com/files/support/Lexar-CF-400x-1000x-firmware.pdf for the details.

To their credit Lexar is replacing these card free of charge. I sent mine in last week for replacement.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Incompatibility between the D4s and Certain Lexar C...

G