Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D2XS still worth buying as a complementary camera?

d2hsretro

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
d2hsretro Registered since 24th Jan 2014
Fri 24-Jan-14 10:12 AM

Hi. I have a Nikon D5200 and also recently picked up a gently used D2HS for the frame rate and to have a pro body to play with. What I also found after taking a few test shots is that I also really liked the tones the D2HS produces (kind of reminiscent of film compared to my D5200) and is more complementary of a camera than I had expected. I was considering picking up a D2XS to get the higher megapixel count for printing but I was concerned that It only seems to be effective up to 800 ISO (so far the D2HS seems to handle up to 1600 no problem) and I didn't know if I would necessarily get the same tone response out of the D2XS. On paper the D5200 (which I am keeping) obviously blows the D2XS away technically, so adding one to my little camera arsenal would be mainly for the intangibles that don't show on tech sheets. For those familiar with this camera, does the D2XS have qualities such as tone response that would further complement the D5200 and D2HS or I'm I just looking at old tech? Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D2XS still worth buying as a complementary camera?

G