Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D2H or D3100 For Photos at a low light party

pdowty68

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pdowty68 Registered since 14th Nov 2013
Mon 13-Jan-14 12:02 AM

How are you? I'm posting this because I own both a d2h and a d3100. Next satturday I'm going to a party at a restaurant with a rented out ballroom kind of thing, and I know the lighting will be dim. I have a 50mm f1.8D and am 18-55vr. I like the better low light ISO charectistics and the higher resolution of the d3100, but I like taking picture with the d2h more. Saying that, I'd rather have better images, than the fun and coolness of using the d2h. Now that I've figured that out, would you suggest the 18-55vr or the 50mm? The 50mm won't af on the d3100 but I could focus a camera haha. But on the other hand, someone else will be taking most of the pictures for me, and I seem to think that when someone who uses a point and shoot touches a dslr, the photos typically come out poor. I pretty much answered my own questions, but what's your opinion?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D2H or D3100 For Photos at a low light party

G