Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
gqtuazon

FPO, US
644 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gqtuazon Registered since 18th Nov 2009
Thu 26-Dec-13 02:23 PM

Hello. I just purchased a "used" D3s to replace my broken D800E. I bought it here in Japan. It took 3 trips to finally get the correct shutter actuations from the camera which by the way looks brand new.

Anyway, fast forward, after bringing my own CF card to determine the total number of actuations, it was less than 270. That's it. No wonder it doesn't have any scratches and the rubber looks brand new. I got it for $2,915 USD (Converted from Japanese Yen). I think this was a great score for me.

Few things that I am still working on coming from a D800 and D700 user are:

1. flash and L buttons (top left). The owners manual was in Japanese only so I'll need to download the manual to understand those features including the Mic button.

2. The preview plus and minus buttons are missing but I think it requires a combination buttons to zoom in to preview the shot?

3. It appears that the D3s does not come with a screen protector. My left eye is my dominant eye so I'll need something to protect the screen so that my nose won't scratch it.

4. Firmware appears to be the original. A 1.01 B 1.01. This will require an update.

5. The camera came with two fully charged batteries (all bars present) so that is consistent on why the camera has very few shutter actuations.

6. I just ordered a Kirk L bracket. I think this is a must have for me.

Any suggestions that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Glenn

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D3s owner