Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lexar XQD card readers and Sony XQD cards

Zareeba

Stockton-on-Tees, UK
174 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Zareeba Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2008
Tue 19-Nov-13 03:22 PM

This might seem an odd question but where compatibility issues are concerned one can never take anything for granted...

Anyway, to the point. I have a Sony XQD card for my D4 and 2 (yes, 2) Sony XQD card readers. Because I have 3 Lexar CF/SD card readers, I quite fancy investing in a Lexar Professional Workflow HRI 4-bay hub, which would reduce clutter on my desktop. However, I'm assuming a Sony XQD reader wouldn't be compatible (I've asked Lexar but no reply yet) so I'm quite prepared to buy a Lexar XQD reader. My (possibly silly) question is: would Lexar XQD reader read a Sony XQD card? On the face of it, why not, since Lexar card readers read a variety of CF and SD cards. But as I say, you never know...so if anyone out there has experience of mixing and matching XQD cards and readers, please let me know..

D4, D800, D600

It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us in trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so.

Why is this thus? What is the reason of this thusness?

- Artemus Ward

G