Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mrpenguin

Windsor, CA
306 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mrpenguin Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012
Tue 05-Nov-13 02:03 PM

My out of warranty D3s is giving me some problems .... sometimes it would refuse to focus when I have it in the portrait position, to get it to work again I need to switch it off, take the battery out and take the lens off and even then sometimes it wont focus till I put it in landscape position and then try to make it focus.

I also find that it wont focus as good anymore when in the portrait position when i move my focus point to the top right hand corner ... sometimes the little red square would be very faint and I can barely see it.

I also have to note that the only lens that is ever on my D3s is my 70-200VR.

I am guessing I need to send my camera to Nikon ... does anybody have any idea what Nikon usually charge for repairs ?
Somebody on another forum told me that every time he sends his Nikon in he gets a bill for $500.. no matter what he sends it in for.

Also, do you think i should send me 70-200VR lens with the camera to nikon ?

Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit Windsor wedding photographer.

G