Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The D4 Sensor--The Df Rumor and the D800 and D600/610 Sensors

Jim Mohundro

Seattle, US
450 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jim Mohundro Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2008
Mon 04-Nov-13 08:24 PM

I'd been thinking seriously of moving "up" from my old friend the D700 to the D800 (the D4, D3, etc, are too much camera for this amateur), but I've very lately become attracted to the about to be formally-announced Nikon Df for, among other things, and solely based on rumors, its size/weight and surface-mounted controls (I'm a former, long-time film Nikon user and still find menus awkward). One of the seemingly persistent rumors is that the Df will have a D4 or "D4-like 16Mp sensor. It seems as if the D4 sensor must have some special qualities and characteristics unlike and superior to the 36Mp D800 and 24Mp D600/D610 sensors. By the way, 16Mp is not in the least, off-putting, for me, so there is, for me, no issue about the sheer number of pixels.

So, in the event that the Df-D4 sensor rumors are true, what are those D4 special qualities and characteristics (if part of the Df specs) that I should weigh along with the other Df features (and price) which should be pretty clear and official by the end of today?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: The D4 Sensor--The Df Rumor and the D800 and D600/6...

G