Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
hgnoel1980

UK
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hgnoel1980 Registered since 23rd Oct 2013
Wed 23-Oct-13 03:51 AM

I have a Nikon D200 and MB-200 grip. I largely shoot only jpeg and take these straight from the D200 with no processing.

As I mainly shoot family photos indoors (with Nikkor AF-S 35mm f1.8 using ISO up to around 800) I find sometimes the D200 cannot keep up with AF wise and hold focus with the kids running around particularly when not using the central af-sensor.

I am looking at possibly swapping the D200 for a D2Hs largely for the improved AF system (more cross type sensors)

Would this be a sensible idea?

I guess I'm worried about how the jpegs will be straight from the camera compared to the D200.
How the ISO performance is in comparison to the D200.
I am not worried about the reduced megapixel count but have read there are some infrared contamination issues with the D2Hs, is this actaully a problem people have experienced?

Any feedback, thoughts or experiences comparing or using these two and I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Harry

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D2Hs?