Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 plus Powersnoot rocks!

Zareeba

Stockton-on-Tees, UK
174 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Zareeba Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2008
Thu 17-Oct-13 07:54 PM

As I'm shooting a friend's wedding tomorrow I was just playing about with the D4, SB-910 and a Gary Fong Powersnoot, as I'd like to get some dramatic shots of the bride. My husband agreed to be the guinea-pig; I know it's not PC to show people smoking these days, but I thought the smoke effect (real, not added in Photoshop) was rather nice. In fact all I did (in Lightroom) was tone down the highlghts just a fraction, otherwise the shot is presented as it came out of the camera. It's just hubby relaxing after a pretty stressful day

Of course the shot of the bride will be MUCH more glamorous!

Click on image to view larger version

D4 with Nikkor 70-200mm VR lens, SB-910 on light stand with Gary Fong Powersnoot attached, SU-800 commander unit on the D4

ISO 100 aperture: f13 shutter speed: 1/200
Attachment#1 (jpg file)

D4, D800, D600

It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us in trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so.

Why is this thus? What is the reason of this thusness?

- Artemus Ward

G