Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 HAS A COLOR PROBLEM??

EYEBALLER

Sterling Heights, US
102 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
EYEBALLER Registered since 08th Sep 2011
Thu 26-Sep-13 12:30 AM

Hi fellow Nikonians,

I thought I recently purchased the best camera money can buy from Nikon especially at $6,000. You would think there should be no problem with the white balance being significantly off/inaccurate, maybe with a lesser or cheaper camera, but not with their best. I have done white balance adjustments in both the "K" mode and the "pre" mode to reassure myself that there would be no problems with color when I capture important photos like maybe a payable shoot or maybe important portraits that are done out of state and maybe that precious trinket or treasured clothing the person was wearing will be the actual color because maybe those items or even the person is no longer available to verify the actual color for you. But, for example, I had "pre" white balanced at 4,300K temperature when the portrait was taken out of state and when I returned home and loaded the important portrait into lightroom 4, the white balance read 3,000K temperature and many other photos as well were off even recently. Another photo recently was adjusted to a "K" temperature of 3,030K in camera and when loaded into lightroom 4 it read as 2,600K. So, who's wrong - Lightroom 4 or D4?? Has anyone else had a problem with color with the D4 or am I alone in this issue? Can anybody help me with some thoughts in this matter?

Thank You,

EYEBALLER

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 HAS A COLOR PROBLEM??

G