Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3s Sensor Cleaning - Sound?

carpenoctem

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
carpenoctem Registered since 25th Sep 2013
Wed 25-Sep-13 01:45 AM

Hi All,

I've recently switched my main body to the D3s, and took it in for sensor cleaning. I noticed when I turned it on at home that it didn't make the high-pitched sound that I thought I recalled hearing (always heard on my D300s when cleaning).

Then I noticed the option was turned off, so I switched it back on, and I still can't hear the high-pitched sound. Am I losing my mind, or can you hear this sound when the D3s does the sensor dust-off at startup? I always always heard it with my D300s. Now that the option's turned back on for my D3s, I can't hear a thing.

My question is, am I supposed to be hearing the sound? (Did I imagine hearing it on my D3s, or did the camera repair shop break this feature when they did a sensor cleaning?)

Thanks!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3s Sensor Cleaning - Sound?

G