Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
luxbritannia

US
60 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
luxbritannia Registered since 18th Jun 2013
Sun 15-Sep-13 10:08 PM

Don't get me wrong - I love, love, love, love my D700. It's wonderful, as long as I watch my shutter speed while handholding in low light, as the sensor can be quite unforgiving as far as bloom/banding.

But...(and you knew there was a "but" coming)...frequently I need to shoot events/things which stretch the limits of the D700. Fast things. Things in the dark. Fast things in the dark. (the local racetrack has only an evening racing schedule). Things that require a better buffer. You know where this is going...

As an aside, I do NOT have NAS. I was vaccinated, and went to 12-step NAS-Anon meetings. I do not need or want a D4. See? Willpower. Or denial. So...

I just pulled the trigger on a D3s with a little more than 12,000 shutter actuations. The Happy Brown Truck should arrive on Friday. God help me. Do I need an intervention?

Geaux Tigers!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What have I done?