Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

d4 face detect focusing

mrwilson

springfield, US
343 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mrwilson Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2013
Wed 28-Aug-13 01:41 AM

I am confused on the face detect mode focusing on the d4. The way I understand face detect focuses on the closest face. In a large group with face detect I have had problems with nothing looking in sharp focus? Does face detect work only in live view? I have shot large groups such as kids sitting next to each other in a couple rows and focused on my grand daughter and the images turned out with none of them focused on her. I focused with single point, released back button focusing, recomposed then release shutter. Is my camera in face detect which I really don't want? As I explained I want to single point focus by pressing back focus button, release button, recompose, then release shutter button.

As you can tell I am confused on the face detect mode. Is my camera in that mode for normal type photography? If so how can I disable it.

Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: d4 face detect focusing

G