Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

teleconverters with the d4

mrwilson

springfield, US
343 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mrwilson Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2013
Fri 17-May-13 07:19 PM

I am new to this forum and still learning my way around.

I do a lot of shooting of birds and birds in flight using the d4 plus my Nikon 500mm f4.0 vrII lens. To get more reach I add a tc 1.4EII or my tc 1.7EII to give me either 700mm or 850mm. I have to adjust the af fine tuning on the d4 to a +15 using the tc 1.4 and no need for af fine tuning with the tc 1.7. The 1.4 converter gives me more consistant accurate af than the 1.7 converter. I think maybe its the lighting on the subject that makes the 1.7 converter less consistant? Has anyone experienced the same thing?

My main question is anyone using the tc 2.0EIII with the Nikon 500 lens with what kind of results for focus accuracy and focus quickness? I always seem to need more reach for static birds especially so that I don't have to crop so much. How is the tc 2.0EIII working out for those who are using it?

I am excited to learn the rope on this forum for photographic information on equipment and images.

Thanks
Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: teleconverters with the d4