Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 Voice Memo Overwrite

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5751 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Thu 16-May-13 12:29 AM

Is there any way to overwrite a voice memo OTHER than on the most recent photo in shooting mode?

For example, you shoot a burst of 5, scroll backwards and want to put a voice memo on #2. Press record, say something. Then realize you wanted to say something different....

The only thing I can find to do then is press delete, confirm (just as though you would delete the image), hope it stops and prompts to delete voice memo or delete the image, say "memo". I hate that option as one slight mistake and the image is gone (for example if you weren't really positioned on the image with the memo).

There's an "overwrite or append" option but it appears to work only on the very last shot, WITHOUT it displayed (i.e. you are still in shooting mode).

Is there another trick to replace (or append would be fine) an arbitrary image, without going the delete-first route?

Linwood

PS. I'm starting to really miss this on the D800, the more I use it the more I like it, especially now that I see how nicely it integrates with Lightroom.

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

G