Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Ned_L

Philadelphia, US
8049 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter Member
Fri 22-Mar-13 12:58 AM

Hi All,

There are times while traveling that I have opportunities to get some astonishing video footage of wildlife and the culture of people who show us how amazing and alive they are. While I will continue to primarily tell the stories of the places to which I travel, and the people I meet, periodically, I want to capture some video.

I've learned one thing while making a few practice videos, the internal mic in the D4 picks up every noise of the camera and it's awful.

So I need some help from those of you who have been doing some quality video with your D4.

I need recommendations for an external mic. I don't want to break the bank, but I don't want to purchase so cheap that it's either not going to hold up, or I'm going to be disappointed in the results. I also need recommendations on any mic accessories (I know I need to protect it from the wind.).

Finally, while you're at it, if you have any other accessories to recommend to help me make videos, lay them on me.

My one caveat is that I must be able to travel with any of the accessories I purchase. After all, I'm primarily a travel photographer.

Thanks for your help.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: External Mic for D4