Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lexar XQD Cards at B&H

Ned_L

Philadelphia, US
8057 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter Member
Mon 18-Mar-13 03:01 PM

I note that B&H has both the Lexar 64GB XQD Professional 1100x Memory Card, and the Lexar 32GB XQD Professional 1100x Memory Card for sale now. The 64GB version is $155 more than the Sony 64GB Series S Card, and the 32GB version is $30 more than the Sony 32GB Series S Card.

Both essentially run at the same speed, though the Sony is rated at about 8.3% faster in writing. In my D4, I couldn't successfully measure the difference, but with the Sony XQD cards being less expensive, I see no reason to purchase the Lexar cards at this time.

The more popular 32GB cards from both manufacturers are backordered at this time, but the larger 64GB cards are both in stock.

The Lexar XQD cards are not yet available at Adorama at this point, but I'm sure they will be in the future. The Sony XQD cards are available there. Both Sony cards are quite a bit more expensive at Adorama.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lexar XQD Cards at B&H