Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A testament to build quality

skituner

Pembroke, CA
76 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
skituner Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Nov 2007
Tue 02-Oct-12 12:09 PM

Last night, doing portraits of firefighters at their station... D3 with 24-120 f4 G... I used that lens because I was doing groups and individuals. At one point I put the camera on my table to adjust the flag behind, unknown to me the HDMI cable from the camera to the 22" display monitor got wrapped around my foot. As I walk away the camera gets pulled off and down to the concrete floor, I didn't see it but I heard it. @#$%!!!! So I pick it up and see an error on the top LCD and notice the focal length ring has separated from the lens body... not cool, but I took the lens off, turned the D3 off and back on to clear the error message. The lens and camera still worked, minutes later I re-attached the focal length and finished the shoot... excellent construction and build quality... kudos to Nikon!!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G