Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pqtrths

Roseville, CA, US
1002 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Tue 11-Sep-12 07:40 PM

While attending the Reno Balloon Races, I spoke to several people on the Nikons they were using: D3S, D3X, D700, and a D800. (There was also a person with an F2SB/MD2 motor shooting film.) High praise for the D700 and D800 and also for the D3X, except for the night shots of the balloons internally lit up by the burners due to the camera's low maximum ISO 1600; the other three cameras were better suited.

A previous post commented on the absence of D3X comments. Is there any general consensus on the D3X? I like the pixel count, two card slots, build quality, etc., and the fact that it's a 4-year old platform with a maximum ISO 1600 doesn't bother me that much right now. There are also several used D3X bodies avialable in the low 4,000-dollar range.

Mp

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G