Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D4 Raw files & Capture NX-2

Tinker Teddy

US
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Tinker Teddy Registered since 21st Jun 2009
Mon 03-Sep-12 03:21 PM

I recently purchased a Nikon D4 camera. I have Capture NX2 2.2.6 on my computer. When I transfer raw files from the camera to the computer ( MAC with OS 10.5.8) using Nikon Transfer 2.2.4, I cannot open the files with Capture NX2 2.2.6. I can't read the files. The browser shows a file with a dark grey block over the square and no image with a message "cannot open this file". I have tried to transfer the files using Adobe bridge and it wont recognize the files. It will read jpeg files just fine. I have tried to download Capture NX-2 2.3 and I get a message the program won't work with my computer.I can transfer RAW files with my Nikon D3 using the same equipment with no problems.
I suspect my computer may be too old for this new updated program.
Would someone help explain this to me. I would appreciate it very much. Not in the mood to buy a new computer after just purchasing a D4 & 300mm lens....Tinkerteddy

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D4 Raw files & Capture NX-2

G