Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D2X to D4 transition questions

Arthur Laurent

Leesburg, US
530 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Arthur Laurent Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2006
Wed 11-Jul-12 04:29 AM

Hello folks. I'm thinking of replacing my brace of D2X's with a pair of D4's. I'm looking forward to exploring the low-light capability of the D4 -- which is the only disappointment I've had with the D2X.

Is there an easy way to transfer the menu settings I've used in the D2X to the D4 settings that control the same features? Or should I make a printout & do it the old-fashioned way?

I know this is all sort of future-y, since D4 availabilty around here is still pie-in-the-sky. But I like to get started early!

I'm considering upgrading my AFS 70-200 mm f/2.8 G ED-IF VR zoom to the latest VR2 model as well. Anyone have any experinces with this "new" lens?(I use this lens all the time. It's pretty much always on one of my bodies.)

My sole DX lems os a 12-24 mm f/4 G ED-IF DX. I'm thinking of trading it in for the 14-24 mm f/2.8 ED-IF FX. Does anyone have an opinion on the merit of this latest lens?

My other lenses I'm keeping! Although I keep feeling twinges about getting rid of some of my non-AF glass that lives in the largely unused F2 and F3 Domkes.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G