New D4 Firmware Update 1.02 Released
Nikon has released software for upgrading the D4 firmware A and B to version 1.02. This software allows for simultaneous updating of both A and B firmware to the latest version from any previous firmware version.
The update addresses the following issues:
- Format memory card can now be added to My Menu.
- Gamut for Adobe RGB images displayed in the camera's monitor has now been changed. This enables more vivid display of images.
The stability of network connections when the FTP upload option is selected has been increased.
- When recording movies using a lens with an aperture ring in (P) or (S) exposure mode, and Aperture ring selected for Custom Setting f10: Customize command dials > Aperture setting, the minimum aperture was applied. This issue has been resolved.
- When a still image captured during movie recording with 1920 ×1080; 30 fps; crop, 1920 × 1080; 25 fps; crop, or 1920 × 1080; 24 fps; crop selected for Movie settings > Frame size/frame rate and Live frame grab selected for Custom Setting g4: Assign shutter button was displayed in Capture NX 2 or ViewNX 2, the position of the focus point displayed differed from actual recording position. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that caused the camera to freeze when attempting to format a memory card (setup menu > Format memory card) while the camera was connected to a network in HTTP server mode has been resolved.
The update install went well on my D4, but I've not yet had a chance to test the update.
A Nikonians Team Member
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.