Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need help for making decision

puclot

San Jose, US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
puclot Registered since 18th Jun 2011
Mon 18-Jun-12 02:21 AM

i am a D7000 shooter and mostly shoot my toddlers, a little bit of family and everything else. both still and videos.

i was looking to upgrade to a full frame for quite some time and then the D4 was announced and i preordered it

Then the D800 came and though i ordered it as well.

i got busy in office and did not check my emails and one day both of the bodies were delivered. oviusly i do not need both and infact 6K is also over kill for me for my needs

i used both the cameras in the last 2 weeks and i like the size of D800 and somehow i feel that the pictures of 800 are more vibrant and slightly better looking.
i like the speed of D4 and also its ability to focus my kids while playing, running, etc.
i hate the weight of D4 but somehow like it.

though the cost diff is way high but you buy these devices once in few years and child pics quality are more imporatnt to me so cost is not that significant a factor in making the decision.but i cant keep both.

i need to decide today which one to keep and return the other. i will use 7000 as the back up.

i am about to return the 800 but somehow the thought that it takes more vibrant pictures is stopping me to do so. does anyone of the folks who had both, feel that 800 takes little better pictures or is this only my mind? though the DXoMark website says that 800 is more dyanamic range.
any help, comments are apprecited.

Thanks
Harsh

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Does 800 takes more vibrant pictures than D4: need ...

G