Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Corrupted CF card in my D3S??

bdphotos

Whittier, US
182 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bdphotos Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jun 2007
Mon 30-Apr-12 09:08 PM

Hi all,
I was shooting some shots at my godson's B ball game. "Thank god it wasnt a real gig" I was using my Lexar Pro 300X 16GB CF card, shooting in RAW. Taking the pics and viewing them in the camera was fine. When I got home I put them into my Dell Studio PC,,,like I always do,, and the window came up and said "no new images on disc". I tried to import them and open them with LR4 and NX2, but the thumbnails were blank and if I tried to open any of them I would get "this type of file cannot be opened or read" I put the card back in my camera and it said "no images"
I then downloaded the trial of Lexars image rescue and sure enough it brought them up and several hundred other images I shot long ago. It would not let me rescue them unless I paid for the full version of the program. Does anyone have any opinions on the best image recovery software??? Most importantly why could this have happened??? Bad card??? or just a glitch?? Can't have this happen when I'm shooting a wedding or paying event!!

Thanks
Bill

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Corrupted CF card in my D3S??

G