Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D4 AF settings for runway show

piowoc

St. Louis, US
181 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
piowoc Registered since 06th Aug 2007
Fri 27-Apr-12 01:09 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have tested all the AF settings in D4, especially for the objects moving toward the camera, or moving erratically.
As Nikon redesigned the way AF is set in its latest models I am trying to find the Holly Grail again. What I realized that AF-C together with 3D works pretty well in these situations, but only if the contrast between the subject and the background is high enough, especially if the subject is farther away. I am always shooting with focus priority set in A1 & A2 and using all 51 AF points. All these observations come from shooting various runway shows, when I am positioned at the end of the runway, the models are coming toward me and I am trying to get perfect focus on their eyes.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Regards,
Peter

G