Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Camera Control Pro does not fully support the D4?

nl

West Hartford, US
842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nl Silver Member Charter Member
Tue 24-Apr-12 08:04 PM

As far as I can tell, I have upgraded to the latest version of Camera Control Pro.

With my previous bodies, up to the D3/D700/D300, I can basically set any parameter in the custom control menus via CCP. It has generally been my custom to do all of the configuration via CCP and keep a copy of the settings on both my computer and a spare CF card (the latter for loading into the camera in the field).

CCP has bee highly useful for this purpose, even though I wish the settings features were more sophisticated and refined (for instance it would be nice to be able to COPY one bank to another, so that things that I want in common to all banks (like custom button functions, for instance) didn't have to be duplicated manually; or, the ability to save the settings into an XML format file, which I might then hand-edit and reimport....).

It seems that CCP presently only supports a rather small subset of the custom settings in the D4, with many settings missing.

Has anyone else noticed this? Have I missed something - an extend menu option, another CCP update?

Thanks.
nl

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G