Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
phil413

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
phil413 Registered since 06th Apr 2012
Fri 06-Apr-12 06:32 AM

Slow slow slow photo transfers. I'm using Lightroom 4 and have it configured to auto import from a hotfolder. Setup is Adhoc. Here's my problem. I'd shoot a frame and it takes an awfully long time to show up on Lightroom. But if I shoot subsequent shots, it will then import fairly quickly. However, if I wait in between shots, the network "times out" and I have to wait 30-60 secs before the import begins.

This is the same with the ethernet cable. I would think that a direct connect via ethernet would be loads faster but it's the same crawling speed. No USB tethering yet as LR4 still has not released an update. As with the WT-5, if you wait between shots, the network disconnects and you're forced to wait again for the next photo to import.

Using the iPad to remotely view and control the D4 got old pretty quickly. The streamed images did pop up quick on the D4 using the WT-5 but it's not hi-res on the iPad. It's maybe good for a quickie look and check composition or if the eyes are blinking but when zooming in while viewing on the iPad serves up a pixelated jpeg photo.

I was really hoping to cut the wires when shooting tethered especially event shooting and printing on the spot. But the wait times is just too long between photos taken and actual image import.

WT-5 is going back. I have better things to spend $877 bucks on.

G