Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

UDMA 7, Lexar 1000x CF

M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Mon 02-Apr-12 02:11 PM

Just curious if anyone has used one of the new UDMA-7, Pro Lexar 1000x CF cards in a D4 yet? Many of the pre-released camera information stated it would be be UDMA-7 compliant and the manual lists them up to 600x, but it was probably in printing before the 1000x cards were released. Lexar has them in 32, 64 and even 128 gig. Besides the hefty cost for the cards, you need a new UDMA-7 compliant USB3 reader for $50. (Not sure, but people with a fairly recent Lexar USB3 CF card reader might be able to upgrade it to UDMA-7)

I did some Google searches on the topic and it looks like the cards work, based in a translated page.

I didn't check Nikon's site to see if they now show it as an approved card yet.

I am still waiting for a 32 gig XQD card from B&H, so I am not in a hurry to worry about the UDMA-7 cards yet but it could be a nice feature if extra speed or card space is important.

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: UDMA 7, Lexar 1000x CF