Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Camera Control 2 with WT-5

michaelted

US
50 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
michaelted Registered since 29th Mar 2012
Fri 30-Mar-12 06:07 PM

I have been playing around with all the network functions. I have run into several issues and I plan on starting a topic when I finally figure out the workaround.

The first issue solved is Camera Control 2 and the WT-5. First of all you need to search for CC2 version 2.11 or higher. Next create a profile in your camera with the WT-5 and the camera control server. I configured mine ad hoc but I imagine this is good for network as well. Start your server on your camera. Start CC2 application. Connect the computer to the cameras server. Go back into your camera and restart the server by clicking on the profile again. Now it will connect.

A few things to look out for in adhoc is to be sure that your computer and camera are on the same network. The best way to do this is to set the camera and the computer in DHCP mode. The camera will distribute an ip address to the computer but it takes a few minutes. You can also manually put both devices on the same network such as 192.168.1.x where x is a number between 1 and 255 and each device needs a separate number.

The main thing to do here is to make sure CC2 is running before connecting the camera.

G