Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JackJohnson

US
56 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JackJohnson Registered since 04th Jan 2012
Fri 30-Mar-12 01:56 AM

I bought a Nikon MC-DC2 for my D4 because it appears to function with the D4 based on the System chart which can be found on the Nikon website or page 30 of the brochure.

What I learned is that it doesn't attach directly to the camera which is obvious after the fact. But, it does fit the GP-1, the GPS unit which attaches to the D4. I'm not interested in the GP-1.

I'm buying the MC-30 as my remote cord. The non-Nikon brands of remote cords had mediocre reviews so it doesn't seem to be worth the trouble. Two Chinese eBayers have great prices for the MC-30 but I'm not taking any chances. I'm buying locally.

FYI: I found an interesting website of triggers for any camera, triggertrap. Triggertrap is an open-source, Arduino-based universal camera trigger. It triggers (nearly) any digital still camera using (almost) any source: Laser, Sound, Time-lapse, anything else, via the built-in AUX port.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remote Cords

G