Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Duffersdad

Carmel, US
102 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Duffersdad Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Sep 2004
Mon 26-Mar-12 06:23 PM

I recently purchased a "refurbished" Nikon D2Hs from a reputable dealer. When I received the camera, I (of course) took an image and then checked the shutter count. My 'new', 'near mint', 'BRAND NEW operating condition' camera had 27,781 actuations! It also did not have the latest firmware installed! Warning flags went up immediately, so I contacted the dealer and (to their credit) they immediately offered a full refund. At the same time I purchased the camera I also purchased a 3-year extended warranty. Now here's the dilemma I'm faced with: (1) I can return the camera and try another one; (2) return the camera for a full refund; (3) keep it. I'm leaning heavily for option 3, since I will have a 4-year warranty; plus, even if I take 20,000 images a year, I'm still a long way from the 150,000 cycles on the shutter. Am I missing something? If I didn't have the warranty, I'd jump on the return. Plus, I really want the D2Hs. I think I know what the replies will be..keep it; especially since I'll have the 4-year warranty. Am I right?

Duffersdad

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: "Refurbished" D2Hs
                                   Reply message warranty, shmarranty..here's the skinny
                                        Reply message RE: warranty, shmarranty..here's the skinny

G