Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D4 Availibility

JackJohnson

US
56 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JackJohnson Registered since 04th Jan 2012
Sun 18-Mar-12 02:12 AM | edited Sun 18-Mar-12 02:56 AM by JackJohnson

Hi,

I was able to purchase a D4 on Friday from a NPD store about 1 hour from Cleveland without pre-ordering. So, if you're still looking for a D4 (and you didn't pre-order), you might consider searching in smaller cities (that have NPD -Nikon Professional Dealer- stores) in the vicinity of medium-sized or larger cities.

The NPD stores in Cleveland and Pittsburgh both demanded deposits for the privilege of pre-ordering a D4.

In case you were wondering, the D4 came with the Sony XQD memory card and reader, and I doubt if you can buy them anywhere at this point. My research showed that they're pre-order items.

If you're willing to tempt fate, Bestbuy's website will sell the D4 whenever they arrive and they don't accept pre-orders.

Good luck.

P.S.

I might have posted this in the wrong forum. If the post can be moved, that would be great.

G