Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bigtime House Burglery, How do you protect your gear?

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
ckatosmith

Washington state, US
143 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ckatosmith Registered since 25th Aug 2007
Sun 18-Mar-12 02:59 PM

I had a major home burglery last week detailed more in the Lens forum:https://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=146&topic_id=207841&mesg_id=207841&page=

Amazing to me, my D3 body and other camera bodies (they had a body cap/no lens on) were left, but the lenses were stolen.

Does anyone use a 'gun cabinet' or similar in the house, or other ideas to add some security deterrence to theft. We are installing a security system this week, etc., but any more ideas welcome.

I will also be adding 'business insurance' since if equipment is used for business, home insurance doesn't cover it (I just learned that in 2011, but hadn't 'gotten around' to doing it.

Has anyone used the insurance carrier that is mentioned in the NAPP discount page (for NAPP members)? Is there an insurance carrier that folks here like for the business side of camera equipment protection?

Thank you for any thoughts,

Carolina

Equipment and technique are important,
Vision is supreme,
Passion the reason...

CarolinaSmith.com

G