Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Partytrooper2

Adelaide, AU
246 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Partytrooper2 Registered since 17th Oct 2008
Sun 18-Mar-12 06:03 AM

I have a D300 at present, and am in a dilemma. My husband offered to buy me a new camera when the D4 and D800 came out. I feel the D4 is more than I would need. Now here is the dilemma. I have been offered a D3S, with two batteries and 2 8gb cards for $aud4000. It is from a professional photographer who is upgrading to a D4. It was bought here in Australia and is not a grey import. He says he will warrantee it for 6 months.

What do I do, go for the d800 or get the D3S??? I take photos of equestrian events and people. I really like the idea of getting better ISO, as I hate noise in my photographs, and love taking shots using available light. I have the lenses, a 17-35 2.8, 35-70 2.8 (oldy but goodie), a 85 1.4 D, 70-200 2.8 and a seldom used 18-200.

I do not take thousands of photographs, but really enjoy it, especially photos of children and family.

Can I have your thoughts please??

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help!!