Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wireless operation in a studio - D3 series

picbybdm

US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
picbybdm Registered since 27th Jan 2012
Mon 12-Mar-12 04:09 PM

Just getting started with wireless operation and I expect there are a few of you who are experts. Are there any pitfalls to avoid? What is the easiest method (wired or wireless)? I have a WT-4 and don't know which (or why) to use Ad-hoc or infrastructure? Is there a faster more reliable one? Is it a noticeable difference to use an ethernet Cat-6 connection to the WT-4 over wireless? Is there a resource that can help with the obvious getting started questions? The WT-4 startup manual has virtually no useful answers to why you do this instead of that. I have both a D3X and a D3s, is one easier to setup that the other.

BTW, I was able to get the Thumbnail Selector to work but it seems super slow but so far I haven't been able to get the actual connection to a computer or a network to connect?? Should I e using a FTP server instead?

I am hoping to spend my resources setting up the most efficient environment and I am sure there is a Nikonian member that can offer guidance.

G