Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Old D3s and New Mac - compatible

blujeans

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
blujeans Registered since 11th Mar 2012
Sun 11-Mar-12 01:21 AM

First, I was sickened to see that the D3s in in the Archived list when I went to check some compatibility issues! My 'baby' is only 2 years old and I love it -- but what this means is compatibility problems will soon arise and Nikon will no longer support it. I'll admit, I'm a bit more than upset with this news. Ok -- on the future, for however long it lasts:

This compatibilty issue between components is getting more than frustrating because I realize I have to replace my 1 year old Toshiba laptop because it too is 'discontinued' and will not support a new monitor I will need to bring my photography to the next level with my new printer that I purchased a few months ago.

Here is my question -- before I spend another dime on 'technology', I am planning on now purchasing a Mac. This comes with the Lion OS (10.7). I already found out, according to the Nikon site, I will need to upgrade my ViewNX to ViewNX2 in order to be compatible with Lion -- and hopefully with the latest version of Nikon Transfer, I should be able to still use Transfer to get my phoots from my D3s to the Mac (anyone have any problems with this?). My greatest concern is how well does Lion 10.7 play with NEF? (If you are not using Lion-10.7, respectfully, please do not respond -- I understand that the older Mac OS are fine with the Nikon software, and NEF file format). Because Apple will not sell me their older OS, I must ensure that their latest version will open/read NEF files.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Old D3s and New Mac - compatible

G