Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Color Accuracy between current Dig. cameras (D1X,D100,

jrobichaud

15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jrobichaud Registered since 14th Mar 2002
Mon 01-Jul-02 01:12 PM

Hi folks,
I posted a note for help earlier for flesh tones on my D1X. I've tried lots of in camera and photoshop tricks, still not real happy. I shoot group shots and still struggle with plasticy non-vibrant flesh tones on my D1X. Last weekend, I backed up all my shots with my dad's D60 and a 28-70 2.8L (one of Canon's best). My kit was my D1X with the 35-70 2.8 (still the best normal zoom Nikkor in my opinion). Right out of the camera, the D60 killed my D1x in color saturation and flesh tone dynamics. I think the dynamic range was superior also on the D60. Now, the D60 is no D series Nikon camera from the standpoint of shooting speed, durability, construction etc., but the images from that CMOS chip are tremendous. Most of the studio shooters that I know love the Fuji S1, flesh tones are the reason, very film like. I love the D1X, and am convinced that there is a way to enhance it's color saturation. I've modified the color balance -3 in each setting to "warm it up", use cloudy sometimes even when shooting with studio strobes. Of coarse, adjust the curves in PS to warm things up, but the D60 just murdered my D1X, same exposure, same light, same WB, same tripod!
I fear that the D100 will share similar CCD tendencies color wise to the D1X, I suspect my lone hope is the new Fuji S-2. Switching to Canon isn't a huge deal to me, I love many of their lenses. All things being equal, however, I'd rather not.
Any thoughts from my respeceted fellow Nikonians?
S-2 or not, I'd still like to find the flesh tone solution for my D1X.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Color Accuracy between current Dig. cameras (D1X,D1

G