Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3s SB-800 exposure inconsistant

gilcourson

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gilcourson Registered since 09th Nov 2011
Wed 09-Nov-11 05:14 PM

Got a new D3s in May 2011. Have used a D2X with 2 SB800's in the past. My D2 give great exposures inside with flash. Set to P mode and shoot.

One of the SB800's gave over exposed images with the D3s so I switched to the other one. It seemed to do better. Needed a plus or minus setting from time to time but did OK.

Recently the exposures have gotten inconsistant. Was shooting a job recently with about 100 shot in one setting inside. Only difference were different people.

Some shots were right on but then would get some that were a full stop under exposed. Faces dark. Then it might be fine for several shots and give me an over exposed shot faces blown out.

Love the camera but need to use it for inside events often. At the last one I went back to my D2x.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

G