Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3S owners opinions sought....D4 "really" worth waiting for????

hollingwD80

Hartselle, US
432 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hollingwD80 Registered since 30th Apr 2008
Tue 28-Jun-11 01:02 PM

Hello folks:
I know you are probably tired of these questions, and no one here knows the exact configuration of the "expected" D4 in August, but.....

I shoot weddings, light commercial, environmental portraits, youth gymnastics and football in VERY low light, real estate for sale, and various other gigs with a D00.

I have my biggest wedding coming up in July, and I was considering purchasing a D3s and looking for a place to purchase one when I came across the D4 announcement for release in August.

Here is my question.....Can the D4 "really" be that much better than the D3s? Everyone knows it is a phenomenal camera, especially in low light.

I really want to get the D3s for the wedding and an up-coming state level youth gymnastics competition.

Can we really push perfection even further?

According to the rumors, the D4 will have a "little" better ISO capability, a new 16 mp sensor, and faster burst rate........Whoopee!!!

So????? Do you guys really think the D4 will be that much better than the D3s which is already close to perfect? How much better can it really be???

I know this is all speculation, but I just wanted to here your opinion as to whether it is really worth the wait.....

Thanks in advance....

Rich

https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/176900/cat/500

Please visit my SmugMug gallery at nikonrick.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3S owners opinions sought....D4 "really" worth wai...
               Reply message RE: D4 "really" worth waiting for!!!
               Reply message RE: D4 "really" worth waiting for!!!

G