Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bought a D3S on Amazon

wkramer

Port Washington/New York, US
108 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wkramer Registered since 03rd Dec 2010
Wed 30-Mar-11 09:34 PM | edited Wed 30-Mar-11 09:51 PM by wkramer

Just bought a D3S on Amazon for $2521. Was listed as "Used - Like New" with no other description.

Amazon guidelines for posting are:

Like New: An apparently untouched camera or photography item in perfect condition. The original wrapping may be missing, but the original packaging is intact. There are absolutely no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. On the 1-10 point used-equipment scale, this must be 10- or higher.

The seller who is a large merchant (in California) on Amazon (selling in the hundreds of items not photographic) also has a 7 day return guarantee and is covered by the Amazon A to Z Guarantee.

I figured it was worth taking a chance on with the Amazon guarantee and buying using my Amex card. If it turns out not to be as described I feel that I am covered.

How many shutter activations would you consider to be appropriate for a camera that is supposed to be a like new - 10- condition camera?

Thanks,

Edit: I just got this reply from them on my asking about the camera:

Hello,
The Nikon D3S 12.1 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and 24fps 720p HD Video Capability (Body Only) is new condition ( it just had to be listed as 'Used - Like New' as the box has been opened) comes with all manufacturer supplied accessories, US model,1 year full warranty. It has not been used. The price is $2,521.00 + $7.49 for delivery ( 2 - 3 days by Airmail ). Return policy is full money back in 30 days. If you want to buy send me your full name and delivery address to have your order placed with Amazon.

Thank you

It was only listed half an hour before I bought it. lol

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Bought a D3S on Amazon