Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mintakax

boulder, US
156 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mintakax Registered since 30th Mar 2010
Mon 03-May-10 07:53 PM

I have been using a Vivitar wireless shutter release on my D300 and while it has some quirks, it works pretty reliably. If I have the remote transmitter set on S and the D300 set for burst mode CL or CH and some bracketing program chosen, then if I keep the transmitter button pressed, the camera will fire all the requested bracketed shots at the expected CL or CH speed.
When I put the Vivitar on my D3S, and turn on the receiver it just starts firing the shutter endlessly even with no presses of the transmitter button.
I also have a Phottix Plato N8 wireless remote and that seems to work OK on the D3S, except that when it is set on S (for the same bracketing scenario mentioned above), it only fires one shot per press, when set on some of the other modes it will fire more shots per press but very,very slowly, like 1 shot/sec. Can anybody recommend a different wireless remote OR tell me what I'm doing wrong with the Phottix ?

Thanks !

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: wireless releases

G