Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Who would you send your D1x to for a CLA?

markscamera

Morristown, US
1614 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
markscamera Registered since 06th Aug 2006
Sun 22-Feb-09 09:42 AM

Purchased a D1x in perfect working condition from a Nikonian about 16 months ago. It has a couple of places where the rubber is separating from the body and the lcd has smudges on it. I'd like to send it off for a basic CLA and have the rubber on the CF door replaced and the rubber on the rh side as you grip the camera is also loose. I've super glued the rubber into place and so far so good but other areas are getting loose now. I also have to tape the flap that you plug the cables into closed with tape so that part also needs replacement. And lastly, does the lcd have a plastic cover on it? It looks like it does and if it does I'd like to get the lcd cover replaced and while I'm at it have a basic CLA and sensor cleaning. Who would you send it off too? I'm thinking 3rd party rather than Nikon, I found a place online that sounds good, Camera Service Company, Inc. a authorized Nikon service center. Would I be better off sending it to Nikon? My concern is that when I ship it I only have 3rd party batteries and that may be frowned upon so maybe I can ship it without a battery.
Mark Stephan
USN, retired ...GO Navy!

G