Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

3D RGB Matrix vs Evaluative metering

Tommy

Vancouver, CA
45 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Tommy Registered since 22nd Mar 2002
Wed 29-May-02 06:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see what your opinions are regarding D1x's metering vs. the EOS-1D's metering. I am in the market for a digital body and I was reading the review on dpreview.com. I'm quite impress with the pictures they took with the EOS-1D. I handled the camera at a local store and I think I like it... However, I've been quite stubborn with staying Nikon since I was a Nikon guy since day 1.

Despite all this stubborness, I'm still attracted to the neutral looking pictures and 80-200 IS USM lens that Canon offers. I, unfortunately, do not have the steadiest hands and IS at 200mm will help. I know Nikon has one in development, but who knows when it'll be out.

So, if any of you have had experiences with both cameras, please comment on their metering, focus speed, and also focus tracking.

Thanks all,

Tommy

G