Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
AndyMac

Odessa, US
3652 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
AndyMac Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2003
Fri 03-Oct-08 01:31 PM

I inquired at Katz Eye about a focusing screen for my D3. I have been shooting in Oregon this week (crappy weather ruining the last couple days) and have been frustrated by a lack of 8x10 lines in my viewfinder. I know I can change to 5:4 mode but I don't necessarily want to shoot in 5:4 mode.

So I thought I would order one of the Katz Eye screens for next time.

They don't make screens for the D3. From their email reply:

The D3 is definitely a model we would like to support, but current technical limitations prevent us from making screens for this camera and it is unknown if we will support the D3 in the future.

Does anyone know what the "current technical limitations" are in Katz Eye making a focusing screen for the D3?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: No KatzEye for D3?
Reply message RE: Now Nikon grid screen
Reply message Yes, I know the problem
Reply message RE: Yes, I know the problem